Friday, October 17, 2008

A List of Eights

Tagged

I was tagged by Camille. A list of eights.

8 TV Shows I Love to Watch (if I have time)
1. The Office --- oh, the funniness!
2. Criminal Minds (don't act surprised....you should all know by now that I LOVE the creepy, scary, catch-the-psycho shows)
3. Ghost Hunters....I even have a TAPS t-shirt (The Atlantic Paranormal Society)
4.The Amazing Race
5. Survivor
6. Supernatural (uh-huh...it's a creepy one --- but super funny, too!)
7. Cold Case (catching the bad guys again --- but from OLD cases gone cold...Nice!)
8. Ramsay's Kitchen nightmares...I'm addicted!

8 Things that Happened Yesterday
1. I tried to sleep in since it was the first day of Fall Break, but my throbbing finger had me awake popping Tylenol at 6:43 a.m. Grrrrrrr..... As for an explanation of the "throbbing finger" --- I chopped a chunk off of my finger while cutting green onions for Gyoza on family Japanese food night. Owie.
2. I watched an episode of Cold Case before the family woke up.
3. Lazied around the house for a while...checked people's blogs and facebook.
4. Showered and got dressed at about 2:00. Nice. It took me about an hour, too, because of my crippled index finger :( Got re-bandaged.
5. Fell asleep and took a nice (tylenol-induced) nap --- no more throbbing.
6. Took the kids bowling. Score breakdown = Kevin-1st place, JOCELYN-2nd place, Me-3rd place (yes...I was beat by my 5-year old), Micalyn-4th place, Parker-5th place. I think next time I'll use the bumpers and ball ramp.
7. Ate at "Spanky's Diner" for the first time. Food was good, but service was slow and the prices were high. Don't think we'll be going back there.
8. Came home and watched "Ghost Hunters" as a family --- yes, I am turning my kids into creepiness-lovers, too :)

8 Favorite Places to Eat
1. Magleby's Grill and Oyster Bar. I am HOOKED on their wonderful halibut and yummy cranberry rice pilaf!
2. Outback (when we can afford it)
3. Olive Garden
4. Bajio
5. JCW's
6.sundance Foundry Grill (special occasions). Their chicken pot pie is AMAZING!!
7. Sensuous Sandwich --- no better sandwiches anywhere!! I always get the "Almond Special" named after my very own bff, Almond ;)
8. The Training Table.....MMMmmmmm....the hickory dipping sauce is so good, especially when you have a sore throat...it totally burns away the pain.

8 Things I Look Forward To
1. The end of this economic downswing in the country. Enough already.
2. My birthday. I know that sounds selfish, but I really like my birthday :) Especially when there is cake involved.
3. Christmas...I love the WHOLE season!
4. Weekends and vacations.
5. The next time I get to have some Dr.Pepper --- I am such an addict :( Is there such a thing as "DPA" --- Dr. Pepper Anonymous???!!
7. Hot bubble baths
8. New episodes of my favorite TV shows.

8 Things on my Wish List
1. An INSTANT way to lose 20 pounds. I know it doesn't exist, but it doesn't hurt to wish now does it?
2. For my kids and husband to stay healthy and happy...forever.
3. Financial freedom including the opportunity to easily help those in need (I copied this one from Camille)
4. World Peace and I'm not kidding --- not the "answer to a beauty queen question" kind, but the REAL kind of peace....stop the wars and the killing and the fighting.
5. A maid to clean my house (I stole that one from Camille, too. She has such good wishes).
6. Calorie-free, GOOD-TASTING Dr. Pepper...for reals...'cuz Diet Dr. Pepper doesn't cut it.
7. Upper-body strength so I could be a better climber...I'm so whimpy :(
8. To have all of our "pending" property matters end Happily :) (Heber...Mazatlan...Alpine...Elk Ridge)

8 people I tag
1. Teryn
2. Rebecca
3. Lindsay
4. Carola
5. Jill
6. Mignonne
7. Jani
8. Whoever wants to do it :)

1 comment:

Camille said...

I had oodles of fun reading your answers. I know you always know the best places to eat, so thanks for some new ideas! I am seriously going to Magleby's Grill next time I eat out to order the rice pilaf and salmon.

Also, I can't wait to watch the Office. Honestly between my kid's involvements, homework, facebook, cleaning, cooking, working out, blogging and my new calling (I'm in the primary presidency), who has time to watch TV? But when I do get the chance, I am going to check out some of your favorites. I do watch Cold Case and love to solve the mysteries!

We should invent an instant weight loss pill! We would be millionaires since that one is probably on most peoples wish lists.

Sad to say that I also have an addiction to diet Dr. Pepper! I just can't seem to function without caffeine. I have gotten off it so many times but it never sticks!