Sunday, October 19, 2008

Cornbelly's




Our family had a fantastic Fall time when we visited Cornbelly's on Saturday. As evidenced by the photos on this blog post, the kids enjoyed a variety of harvest-time festivities! My favorite picture here is of "Princess Scarecrow Jocelyn". There was a booth called "Dress a Scarecrow Princess" and it had lots of princess dresses and crowns and, yes, even full wigs! Off to the side were some wooden scarecrows with burlap sack heads and faces painted on them. I believe the objective was to dress up THOSE scarecrows. Alas, in the passion of the moment, most of the little girls were dressing themselves up....not the scarecrows. It was quite a sight to see since the wigs were all full of straw which gave all the little girls a distinctively "farm-ish" look. Jocelyn was not satisfied to just dress up and have her picture taken, though. After her photo shoot with mom, she entered the nearby playhouse castle and climbed to the top turret. Once there, she stuck her head out the window and waved as proudly as any Rapunzel-esque scarecrow princess I've ever seen. She knew she was beautiful! --- straw and all :)
Not pictured here are the panicked and frantic looks on our faces when Jocelyn got lost in the throngs of Cornbelly revelers! So scary! We took our eyes off of her for a second and "Poof!" she was gone. We were running to and fro shouting her name and becoming more and more alarmed and frightened as each minute ticked by. Then, like a voice from heaven, someone announced over the loudspeaker that a lost little girl named Jocelyn was at the information booth. We all breathed a sigh of relief and ran as fast as we could to where she was. Thank heavens for the alert mother who noticed a small girl crying and alone. She reassurred her and took her to the information booth. I could have KISSED that woman!
Also not pictured here are the pig races, the Halloween Egg Hunt in the kiddie corn maze, the Horrible Haunted Beast (Parker and Jocelyn were screaming and crying like it was flu-shot day), the Cornbelly's slides and the amazing JUMPING PILLOW!!
It really got us all in the Fall/Harvest/Halloween spirit.



4 comments:

Camille said...

Love the wig!!! Beautiful little princess Jocelyn! I am so glad you found her. I'm sure that practically gave you a heart attack. That happened to me in Disneyland when I was five years old and my story is very similar. Two little old ladies took one very frightened little girl to the lost and found where my parents were soooo relieved to see me.

Camille said...

Oh I wanted to mention just how darling your blog looks. Rees you seriously have to teach me how to scrapbook like you. You are a PRO!!!!!!! I had my sister come to your blog one day when we were on the phone talking to look at all your pages. She was wigging out over how cute they all were.

Jill said...

Just reading about Jocelyn being lost leaves an huge pit in my stomach. It's an awful feeling. Glad it ended in such a happy way:) You have such an awsome family!

**MIGNONNE** said...

These pictures are great! It looks like a ton of fun.